Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sad news for DMB

The saxophonist for the Dave Matthews Band, LeRoi Moore, died yesterday from complications from injuries he received in an ATV accident. He was only 46, and was the founding member of DMB back in 1991.
Anyone who knows Brian and I knows that we are huge Dave Matthews Band fans. Over the last few years we've been to numerous concerts (9, but who's counting :), and traveled many places to see them. It's a strange kind of loss to experience - I of course didn't know him personally, but he is a part of some of the best memories I have. Brian and I had some great times watching and listening to them play, on a couple occasions from as close as the first row. I remember when we saw them at Red Rocks in 2005 - Roi was standing outside his tour bus and these girls were yelling "Elroy! ELROY!!!!" We were walking by them and I said "it's LeRoi", lol. They must have thought it was a Jetson's concert.
Anyway, he can never truly be replaced, but I'm sure the band will go on. We have tickets to their concert in Phoenix on Saturday, unless it's cancelled. I would certainly understand if it was.


Red Rocks Amphitheater, 9-11-05

No comments: