Thursday, August 7, 2008

I was inspired!

Welcome to my blog! I was checking out someone else's blog on a website I frequent, and was inspired to start my own. I'm not sure I will be as witty as she is, but am excited to have a place where anyone who is interested can keep up with my family. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to come up with a clever name for one of these things!

So what's going on in our house these days? Well, the girls start school next week (can you believe I'm old enough to have a 4th grader??), and it will be good for them to be productive again. I'll be cursing that thought soon I'm sure, once dance lessons and homework pick up.

Terese has been taking guitar lessons for 6 weeks and starts a new 6 week session on Tuesday. I am so proud of her for how quickly she is picking it up and love the fact that she's interested in playing an instrument (a girl after my own DMB-devoted heart! :)

Our sweet little Audrey is starting Kindergarten, which feels like a long time coming. Because of her birthday she is starting late, but I'm sure it will work to her advantage. I am certain she will be a little social butterfly and am curious to find out how she handles the academic part of school. It will be nice to have the girls on the same schedule, for a couple of years at least.

My baby Jakey-poo is so terribly funny these days - 16 months old is a fun age! He doesn't talk much but still seems to get whatever he wants, and we're sure the caveman noises will turn into articulated thoughts in his own good time. It's hard to drive away from them every morning on my way to work...


Last weekend Brian, Jacob and I took a road trip to Las Vegas to meet some babyzone friends of mine. Jacob was an angel in the car on the way there, and there was only one moment of exception to that on the way home. 8 hours is a long time for a baby to sit in the car! I had a lot of fun, it was cool to meet people you've been talking to online for two years and they were all so nice and funny. We even had a few drinks together in the hallway (the babies were sleeping), lol!


1 comment:

The Carstens Family said...

It was so nice meeting you and Jacob (oh and the President too, ROFLMAO! I'm just joking!) and getting to spend the weekend with some "old friends!" Hopefully we can do it again soon!!