Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lots to say...

I have not done a good job keeping this blog updated in 2012. Facebook helps me keep family and friends up-to-date for the short term on this kind of stuff, but it is not a proper commemoration of life's highlights, which is what I intended this blog to be. I must say that it has been a difficult year, with much that I care not to revisit, which is probably why this has been neglected. However, there have also been celebrations and good memories, and things I should have memorialized here. So I will try to catch up now :)

Three years of grad school have come and gone since I started this blog, and I am relieved to tell you that I made it through and graduated on May 12th (also my 11th wedding anniversary)! That day had been on the horizon for so long, and it's arrival was surreal. I'm not really sure how I managed to pull all that off, but it's done and I am grateful! Hopefully one day it pays off.



After graduation, we took off for DISNEYWORLD!! We had all been anticipating this trip for many months, and the kids were so excited to finally go. We spent a week at Disney and visited everything multiple times, did tons of walking, spent lots of money, and had some fun:)

 
 






I barely mentioned Jacob's 5th birthday here, and failed to mention Terese's 13th birthday at all. Yikes! My first baby officially crossed over into the teenage years. Words just cannot describe how astounded I am at how fast she has grown up. She is a beautiful, smart girl and I wish I could slow down time a little bit. She'll be moving out before I know it, and then I'll be turning 40...I better have plenty of wine handy! Anyway, here are a few photos from the party, which was a hotel sleepover (minus the sleeping) the day after we got back from Florida. I was one tired mama!






Let's see, next we had a few weeks of summer at home before we ventured out on family vacation again, this time to Galveston and the beach. We drove, stopping at Dad's in Dallas on the way there, and stopping in Sweetwater, TX on the way home. The drive really wasn't that bad, and we will probably do it again next summer. The beach was really nice, the weather and the water were warm, and it was MUCH more relaxing that the constant go-go-go of Disney. Can't wait to go back!

 





 
 
Not long after we got back, the kids started school and it was back to the daily grind. I did at least manage to post pictures of that!! Miss Audrey celebrated her 10th birthday, and with that I have two double-digit kids! She had a mani/pedi-party at the nail salon, and then a sleepover to commemorate the big day :)
 
 





 
 
Audrey decided to quit taking ballet class and start gymnastics, in which she is quite a natural and she has really enjoyed it. She and Terese seem to have really found the activities which suit them physically and make them happy. Terese has been playing volleyball for the YMCA and attending different clinics with a couple of clubs and UNM, and tried out for club volleyball this year. She made the regional team! We will be doing some traveling for tournaments and I am excited to watch her develop as a volleyball player.


Right after graduation, Brian and I joined the gym and began watching what we ate. After about 4 months of that, we were proud to say that Brian lost about 45 pounds and I lost about 20!! We had new family photos taken since the kids had grown so much since last time, and Brian looks much different. Here's hoping the new physique's are here to stay!














As 2012 winds down and we get ready for Christmas, it has been good to reflect on the year's positives and be reminded of my blessings. I will do my best to be a better blogger from now on!

Much love until next time.

No comments: