Friday, June 19, 2009

Grad school, here I come...(hopefully)

I've applied to the UNM Anderson School of Business, where I got my Bachelor's, for their MBA program. I had to take my GMAT (graduate management admission test) on Wednesday, after only studying for 4 days (long story). I needed a 500 and got a 570. The highest you can get is 800, and over 700 is rare. So 570 isn't stellar, but I'll take it! It was pretty tough and I'm glad to have it done.

I say hopefully because my application was a little late, and so I'm not guaranteed to have it reviewed in time for the Fall semester. The admissions director was hopeful but made no promises. Worst case scenario, I have to wait until Spring '10, but that's 6+ months away still and I'd like to get the ball rolling! I'm looking at 3-31/2 years to finish going part-time as it is.

I'm getting excited about the idea of going back to school though, and at the same time wondering what I am getting myself into! I've got enough on my plate as it is, but this is a goal I can't leave unattained. I'll be taking two classes per semester, so at most 2 nights per week, and I'm going to try and work it out to one night whenever possible. That will make for a long day (work, then school 4-9:30pm), but hopefully will be easier on the kids and Brian.
Wish me luck!

No comments: